Monday, August 15, 2016

ARC Review: Turbulent Intentions

Author: Melody Anne
Published: August 9, 2016
Version: eGalley from Netgalley

Synopsis: 


The Armstrong brothers are wealthy, wild-at-heart bad boys—until their father’s will demands they prove themselves and marry in order to inherit their fortune.
Eldest brother Cooper channels his reckless spirit into becoming CEO of his own airline. The only thing better than the adrenaline rush of flying is his one-night stand with a stunning stranger. At first he doesn’t recognize the fiery barista he clashes with years later at an airport coffee shop. But when Stormy Halifax turns up as his new house sitter, Cooper knows she’s his Cinderella. And he doesn’t just want her in his mansion. He wants her back in his bed.
Stormy can’t believe she’s living under Cooper’s roof. Gorgeous and arrogant, he’s convinced she’ll surrender again—and he’s right. But just as Stormy is succumbing to a world of pleasure, her trust is shattered. And the biggest challenge Cooper has ever faced will be proving he wants Stormy, now and forever, for all the right reasons.
Turbulent Intentions was originally published as Below the Radar - The Billionaire Aviators. This edition has been completely edited and revised, including significant plot changes.

My review:
First off: THIS BOOK MADE ME SHED SOME TEARS.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s continue. I enjoyed Turbulent Intentions a lot, obviously since it made me cry, but it took the book a long time to get to that point.
The first 50 pages of Turbulent Intentions were soooo slow. I found it hard to be interested in what Melody Anne was writing and the dialogue was very boring and just generic. There wasn’t a lot of depth to the beginning of the story and it took a little too long to develop into something interesting.
Now, from page 51 on, I was in love with this book. Hence why I stayed up until 2 am finishing and paid for staying up so late with a migraine and major neck and shoulder pain, but it was worth it. Once I passed that initial hurdle of the first 50 pages, I was going for the finish. The dialogue and writing got so much better the further I went and I needed this story to break up all the fantasy I’ve been reading lately.
Stormy was not one to shy away from a fight. She was strong and independent and I loved her. Except the few times she was a coward and she shouldn’t have been. Whenever she had those cowardly moments, I wanted to smack her and wake her the hell up.
I want to add that the book kind of jumped around. There was no clear passing of time and it was very hard to follow along. No matter how hard I focused, I couldn’t tell the passing of time in the story. I believe that something like 3 or 4 months passed and there was no indication of it. Maybe less time, maybe more, but it was so hard to tell. I wish that was a little clearer.
All in all, I really did enjoy this book. Hell, I was shedding some tears in the last 50 pages. Just get passed those first 50 pages if you are struggling and I swear it will pick up. It was a great read and the break that I needed from fantasy. 

Follow my blog on BlogLovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs