Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Starters

Title: Starters
Author: Lissa Price
Published: March 13, 2012
Source: eGalley

Synopsis:
HER WORLD IS CHANGED FOREVER

Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.

He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined. . . .


Review:
Starters will leave you breathless. Everything about Starters is so well written and amazing, that you don't want to put the book down. It is an epic tale of a love so strong that she is willing to do anything for her brother. It touched me in the ways that she was so willing to do something that she detested for her brother.

Cover: 
I love the cover! At first it freaked me out a little, but then, once I realised what that cover is I understood. I love the two different eye colors! One of my friends has his eyes like that and I love looking at them!

Plot:
The plot tended to drag at some parts. There were terms in the book that were never explained and it was a little confusing about what they meant. Other than that the writing was awesome and the story line was intense and interesting!

Characters:
Everyone in this book wasn't who they seemed to be. It was actually very creepy. You never knew if someone was a Starter or an Ender in a Starters body. I was really creeped out at the point when everything started happening.

Let's start with Callie! I really liked Callie, she was willing to do anything for her little brother and it made me so happy that she loved him so much! She was strong and willing, and fought about everything. Yet when she needed to be calm she was, and when she needed to act like someone else she could.

The other characters are very interesting! The actions they have are never what you expect them to be. It was very unsettling. You couldn't pick up on their actions until they happened. Or that could've just been me, who was trying to read in a bouncy car on a nook!

All in all: I really did enjoy this book! I loved the characters and the plot line! I wish some of the stuff was explained more, but other than that, I have no complaints! 41 out of 51 tacos!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs