Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: Allegiance

Title: Allegiance
Author: Cayla Kluver
Published: Feb. 28, 2012
Source: eGalley

Synopsis:
Only I saw Narian for who he truly was: a young man with courage and an independent mind, and made to pay for what was outside his control. He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep-blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.

An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return...

Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica-until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge.

Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn....

Review:

Allegiance will leave you breathless and craving for more. I love Allegiance, sure it was a little long, and tended to drag on some scenes, but it was an extremely well written book!

Cover: The cover is just gorgeous! If you read some of the chapters, you would understand why I don't like how she is on the back of the horse, but other than that the cover is gorgeous!! :)

Plot: The plot was very intriguing, It was well written and interesting through and through. I had just recently read Legacy and everything connected in my mind! The only thing that bothered me was so many difficult names!

Characters:
The characters are all strong, amazing people. They deal with the cards they are given and take them in stride. I'm pretty sure if I was dealt some of the things they dealt with I would be sitting on the ground crying my eyes out. Or ya know, curled up in a ball in a dark room somewhere in my house.

I loved Alera, she was one of the strongest, most courageous young girls I have ever read about. She is dealt with gender inequality throughout the book, and it is just so unfair. Even those were the times back then, and in the place where the story takes place. She stayed strong, and kept her head on straight for everything that was thrown at her.

All in all: I ADORED THIS BOOK! Yes, that was necessary! Go pick up Legacy or if you already picked up Legacy and read it, then go pick up Allegiance when it comes out! :) 41 out 51 tacos! :)
~~Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs