Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: The Lifeguard

Title: The Lifeguard
Author: Deborah Blumenthal
Published: March 1, 2012
Source: eGalley

Synopsis:
It's an unsettled summer for Sirena. Back in Texas, her family's splitting apart, but here in Rhode Island, at the cottage of her free-spirited aunt, it's a different world. There are long days at the beach and intriguing encounters with him. Pilot. He's the lifeguard with shamanic skills. He both saves her and makes her feel lost at sea. Sirena explores her obsession with Pilot and discovers his mysterious--almost magical--gifts.

Review: 
The Lifeguard will leave you wanting more. It will keep you in it's clutches till the very last page, which ends sorta anti-climatically. I loved this book and if you want a feel good book, then you will too!! :)

Cover: Whew, did someone turn up the heat in here? Dang, if I had a body like that, and was a guy I would never wear a shirt. I would just walk around shirtless and be like, "Touch my abs, you know you want to!" LOL :)

Plot: The story started off a little slow and it slowly progressed, but you wanted to know about Sirena and all her struggles with adjusting. After a slow progression, it's like BOOM! one change after another, and you just want to read and read and read!! :)

Characters: 
Lets begin today with Sirena. She is dealing with her parents divorce and was shipped away to Rhode Island with her aunt for the summer. Frankly, I didn't like Sirena, until the end. She was a little petty and a flat character. Then she meets Pilot and everything change, and the story gets interesting.

Pilot, sigh Pilot. I love that name. It is unique and fits him perfectly. Residential white knight and perfect all around. My kind of guy. Plus he's mysterious and reserved, but he is always there to save Sirena whenever she needs saving, or even just a ride. Which is often enough!

All in all: I loved this book! I hope there's a sequel just so I can read about Pilot again!! :) I feel very smiley today! 41 out of 41 stars! 
~~Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs