Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Half-Blood

Title: Half-Blood
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Published: Oct. 18, 2011
Source: Gift

Synopsis:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Review: 
I will read this book over and over again. I will wait in line at the bookstore till the doors open to buy the sequels, and I will fan girl over any new material about this series if there is any! I loved it that much! I had an interest in it for awhile, but when Alex was in the Tournament of Heroines located at YA-Sisterhood, I just had to buy the book!

The book had a very well focused plot. Sure there were a few scenes that I would take out, but other than that, it was spot on. It kept me intent on the storyline and had me gasping in shock, close to tears, laughing my butt off, and pissed off! I loved it! :)

So lets start with Alex, and I am taking this description from Books Over Boys for their descrition of Alex in the Tournament! It was so spot on that I couldn't not use it! 
"First off, according to Aiden, this is what he thought of Alex when he first saw her...after those three years:
Long, thick chestnut colored hair fell past a chest that had grown in the last three years. Her face was oval shape; lips full like a pure-blood’s. Cheekbones high and eyebrows delicately arched over two wide, brown eyes. Even with the faint purplish bruises marring an otherwise flawless complexion, she was… unbelievable.
Beautiful.
Alex is irrational, unstable, out of control, wild, crazy, rash, and stubborn but that makes her everything that she is, which is a fighter. She is unpredictable and very quick to act but she believes strongly in what is right versus what is wrong. She hardly ever lets anything faze her and that makes her high lariously funny. She says the darnest things at the most inappropriate times, lol, but what's life without some humor? She's uber sarcastic and tough and edgy and all-out fierce. She lives in this world where all that matters are the pures and their safety. She doesn't want to be forced into servitude so she is in the process of training to be a Sentinel - one who fights and kills daimons → the scary, looking things that will suck the life out of you. Alex isn't a fighter just physically, but she's also a fighter internally...if you get what I mean. She won't take anyone's B. S and she won't ever give up, you can count on that."

Then there is Aiden and Seth. Aiden is calm and rational. And a Pure. He is forbidden and yet, he sticks up for Alex and trains her when she gets back. Then there is Seth... The Apollyon! Which means he's one of the most powerful halfs, and he is drawn to Alex.. Uh-oh :)

I loved this book and I cannot wait for Pure!! I give this book 51 out of 51 tacos! GO BUY THIS BOOK!! Please? It was that good! :)
~~Sam:)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I loved your opening lines: "I will read this book over and over again. I will wait in line at the bookstore till the doors open to buy the sequels, and I will fan girl over any new material about this series if there is any! I loved it that much!"

    Ahaa, so true! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs