Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review: Angelfire

Title: Angelfire
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Published: February 15, 2011
Source: Bought

Synopsis:
First there are nightmares. Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

Review:
I really enjoyed this book. Anne has already done a review, but I thought I'd give my thoughts on it for a special post that Momo is doing at Books Over Boys! I had already read Angelfire and adored it! And Wings of the Wicked is coming out soon! I can't wait!! :)

Cover: The cover is gorgeous! To me, it shows power and grace that Ellie has. And I love the sword! It is awesome looking!! :) The fog in the background gives the book a creepy look to it and it works!

Plot: The plot was really interesting. There was a few down moments, but they worked. If a book was all action and no down time, we couldn't relate to it very well! My first thoughts were like.. Um what the heck are these dreams about her dying or killing things? There kinda freaky! You soon realize what those dreams mean, and everything just gets better from there! :)

Characters: Okay, Ellie first! She is one tough cookie! She has the world thrown at her and she doesn't crack! Ellie is one of those people you wish to be. Someone who is strong and has all the power in the world, but doesn't let it get to her head. She still cares about the people around her and about keeping everyone safe. Even her own Guardian angel, Will.

Speaking of Will.. Sighh... Will! He is one sexy beast! :) He would give his life up for Ellies in a heartbeat. He is strong and powerful, and he is faithful. I want a Will. He stands by Ellie no matter what, and will never give up on her. And I repeat, I want a Will.

All in all: I loved this book! I can't wait for Wings of the Wicked to come out! Thankfully, I don't have a long wait! Look out January 31. I'm waiting for you! 51 out of 51 tacos!
~~Sam

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Will's character kinda sounds awesome!!

    ---
    Giselle from booknerd.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep, love your review! And I TOTALLY concur - I want a Will tooooo! <333

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs