Monday, July 09, 2012

Review: Dante's Girl

Title: Dante's Girl
Author: Courtney Cole
Published: June 24, 2012
Source: Purchased

Synopsis:
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

Review:
I absolutely adored this book! It was an amazing read to add to my summer list! I fell in love with it from the very beginning and I just had to finish it in a few short hours. It swept me away into the world of Dante and Reece and I want to stay on that little island off of Greece forever. This book will have readers swooning within the first few pages when they get a hold of Dante’s wit and Reece’s spitfire attitude!


Cover:
It is so cute! It is a collage of pictures that all make you smile a big, teeth showing smile! First off, they have him in a suit and her in cut offs and a cowboy hat which fits perfectly! Secondly, they have a map of the world and my favorite quote of Reece’s on the cover. Lastly, they have the passport, which I find a very nice touch!


Plot/Writing:
I really enjoyed Dante’s Girl’s plot. It was unexpected at times, and predictable at others, which makes for a great story. I did find some typos, but those were just formatting errors that might’ve been just on my Nook because they were minimal and few and far between. She did a great job writing out the characters and making everything have a sense of believability.


Characters:
Reece was a spitfire. She was a little frightened at the beginning with the plane and all, but want to know what cures that fear? A hot guy named Dante whisking you off! ;) She didn’t lose her personality at all though. She was still head strong and determined to do what she wanted to do, but her motivations were a little skewed toward a handsome 6’3 Caberra prince! I loved Reece and I can’t wait to see a cameo of her, maybe, in the next book!

Okay, how can I describe Dante? Other than the perfect man, I can’t. Sure he could be annoying at moments when he would say his life was ‘complicated.’ Other than that, he had the charm, the looks, the sweetness, the everything that a girl could ever want all rolled into one delicious man. Dante was amazing and I love him so very much!


All in All:
Okay, I got a little creepy there, but I do love Dante’s Girl and I can’t wait to see what is in store for us in the next Paradise Diaries book! Now, does anyone else want Gelato? I sure do! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs