Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Untraceable


Title: Untraceable
Author: S.R Johannes
Published: November 29
Source: Review eCopy

Synopsis:
16 year old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.
When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.
One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.
Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.

Review:
I enjoyed this book. It was very different than what has been out there lately, and it was nice to not have to read about some vampire falling in love with a human for once. Which is all I tend to read... :) I liked how it was about a relationship with ones father that is so strong that she didn't give up on looking for him, when everyone else did.

My first thoughts: Why is she running? Who is after her? Does she live in the woods? Why is she in the woods? Ohhh! Now I understand! Yeah, so I was a little confused at the beginning, but the author sorts it all out and explains everything. Which was a very big plus for me. I HATE it when nothing is explained! I like to know things and S.R did that really well in Untraceable.

I really liked Grace, she was determined and strong. If someone told me my dad was missing, I'd curl into a ball and cry for 3 months. Grace doesn't do that, she puts on a tough face and goes into the woods and searches for any part of her dad. When that tough exterior falls away, she's like any teen. She cries about her dad and refuses to believe he's truly dead. And when she's faced with betrayals, she takes them in stride and does whatever she can to fight off that betrayal.

Then there's Mo... Mo... Sigh... I want Mo. Grace meets him while she is fly-fishing and then he * spoiler* her. After that moment her walls come down and they start to get to know each other. I loved Mo's character and I wish she didn't end it how she did. I cried when I read that scene with him. Plus, I want to be called Blossom. That just sounds amazing. :)

I really did like this book. There would be some things that I didn't like, but that was only to keep the plot rolling and get us interested in the next book. Which I will defiantly be picking up!  Check out this book and you won't be disappointed!
~~Sam :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like an interesting book. New follower. Thanks for being a new follower of my blog. Great blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of this book really reminds me of Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

    It sounds pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs