Friday, December 30, 2011

Review: Spellbound

Title: Spellbound
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Published: June 21, 2011
Source: Paperback gift

Synopsis:

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?

Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Connor, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.

But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

Review: 
This book had things that I had been missing lately. I've been reading books that I normally wouldn't read and this book took me out of my funk. Well actually Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout did.. but lets not talk about that.

I loved the simplicity of this book. It was a simple romance, with a little paranormal thrown in. I loved the characters, the humor, the friendships, the classic mean girls, and of course, the romance! I'm a sucker for a good romance book and certain scenes had me readjusting my position to get more comfortable in anticipation and in just general excitement when Brendan would do little things. I want him. 

I really enjoyed the New York setting. Being the place I want to move to when I'm older, I love the city. The book just fit there. I could picture the streets she was walking down and hear the sounds that Emma was hearing. 

Emma.. was a different sort of girl. She had an abusive step-father, which was what lead her to New York in the first place. She knew how to take the things that were thrown her way, and throw them right back. She was strong, and brave in her own way. 

Then comes along Brendan... *swoons* He is the kind of boyfriend that any girl would want. He's sweet, caring, charming, funny, and protective. Heck, he even defends a girl that he barely knows honor the first day he even see's her. I repeat, I want him.

I loved this book! I give it 51 out of 51 tacos just for the ability to make me smile! I needed a feel good book at the moment, and this was perfect! Of course I hated the mean girls, especially Kristen, but I got over her! Go buy this book! You won't be disappointed!! :)
~~Sam :)




2 comments:

  1. 51 out of 51 tacos. That is a new one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fantastic book. I just love the cover and your review is awesome. I love NYC- and the plot is interesting. It is on my list! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs