Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review: Broken

Title: Broken
Author: Dean Murray
Publish: Dec. 25, 2011
Source: eArc from Author
It's free on Amazon right now! Click the book title for more info!

Synopsis:
Adri Paige is too busy dealing with the emotional fallout from losing half of her family to deal with boys. At least she thought so until the two most intriguing guys in her new school take an interest in her.
Both boys are gorgeous and blessed with obscene amounts of money. They should have the emotional depth of note cards, but instead display undercurrents she doesn't fully understand. Rumors the pair destroys peoples' livelihoods seem ludicrous until she gets caught in the crossfire and her family almost loses their home. She's increasingly unsure either boy is really human, and their rivalry is rapidly turning deadly.
~ Since this isn't on Goodreads or any other site yet, I asked Jennifer from  Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy for the use of her synopsis! Thanks!

Review: 
I had read Torn first, and had enjoyed it. I was excited to read the book from Adri's POV. I loved Adri in Torn and wanted to know more about her. That is exactly what you get with this version of the story! You see the world from Adri's perspective, and all her motivations behind everything she does. 

I liked this book more than Torn. It had more detail than Torn and we had explanations for more things than in Torn. Adri was a very mysterious person in Torn and we didn't really get to know her all that much, only a little from Alec's creepy stalking. Hehe :). I think it has more detail because of it being from a girls POV, yeah yeah, boys can be descriptive, but not that descriptive. They just skim over things. 

Of course I was able to predict the book and it's happenings because of first reading Torn, but I think I would've enjoyed Torn a bit more if I had read Broken first. I finally understood some aspects of Torn than I had originally been confused about, and I fell even more in love with Alec! He was awesome, even as a jerk throughout the book. That was because I knew why he was doing that.

I really did enjoy this book. I was more into it because of all those things I mentioned above. I wasn't expecting anything to really change, but I liked the books much more now after reading Broken. I give this book 41 out of 51 tacos! The books should be released together, so people can get a feel for both characters and not hate one or the other!
~~ Sam :)

1 comment:

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs