Saturday, March 24, 2012

Notes To Self

Two climbed up. Two fell down.
One woke up.
In the aftermath of a traumatic brain injury, Robin Saunders has to relearn who she is and find out what happened the night everything changed. --goodreads.com




When I started this book, I figured it'd be somewhat along the lines of Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac. A happy, if slightly resentful book about a girl learning who she really was, blah blah blah. You know, the classic tale.


Boy, was I wrong.


This book was very guilty. That was one of the strongest themes throughout. Robin's best friend is in a coma because of what they did, and she's fine. Well, not fine. Unlike Teenage Amnesiac, she has issues with the amnesia. She can't stand loud noises, she's forgetful.Robin realizes she's lonely. She's depressed and has to figure things out all over again.


In the end, I felt as if the book ended like it theoretically should end. All loose ends tied up, dainty and happy. I didn't feel like it was the ending that the book deserved. There was closure, sure, but not really. I didn't feel it. I give this book 28 out of 51 tacos, which I'm sure you bright people can figure out is 3 tacos on this new rating system. Give this book a chance if you want a quick read that doesn't leave you hanging at all.














No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs