Saturday, June 09, 2012

Review: Of Poseidon

Title: Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Published: May 22, 2012
Source: Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.


Review:
OH MY GOSH! THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I couldn't put it down at all. I started it while reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare because my school doesn't allow Nooks during standardized testing. But I finished it in about 2 and half hours! It was that amazing!


Cover:
It is gorgeous! That is all.


Plot/Writing:
So the writing wasn’t the best. I could predict almost everything and I was fine with that. It was nice to not have my heart wrenched out with every turn of the page. Though I did love how she incorporated myth and everything into the story. The story kept you interested and had me smiling and laughing throughout the whole book. I had my teacher creeped out cause I would keep smiling like an idiot and I was in the front row.


Characters:
Emma has just lost her best friend and she blames herself. She is ridden with quilt, and when the boy who was there at the beach when her friend died, shows up at her school she is nothing if not confused. She has do deal with all these changes in her life, and she takes them all in stride. She doesn’t shut down and curl in a ball. Emma deals with it all and makes the best of it, even if it does confuse the crap out of her!

Then there is Galen, who is a creepy stalker type. Or at least, that’s what he seems like. Galen is sweet, caring and protective of Emma in ways they both don’t quite understand. He doesn’t quite understand the humans and he doesn’t quite know how to deal with them.


All in All:
I really loved Of Poseidon! It was a great read and definitely worth the read! Job well done Anna Banks! 5 out of 5 tacos!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs