Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today In The Literary World


Guess what today is! So many things in the literary world.


First and foremost, it's Harry Potter's 31st birthday! It's been twenty years since Hagrid knocked down that door and told him that he's a wizard. Happy, happy memories. It's also Ms. Rowling's birthday, so a big shout out to her. She was the one that created this, after all.


My cake looks nothing like this.


Pottermore clues started today! There will be clues on the website (www.pottermore.com) to enter the site early. They will be about one of the seven books, and only a certain number of people can enter early each day. If you didn't get there fast enough today, it's okay. There will be more clues until August 6th for the beta site. After that you'll just have to wait until October like the rest of the world.


Today is also Meg Cabot day, as proclaimed by the governor of Bloomington, Indiana, where Ms. Cabot grew up.


So get out your HP movies and Meg Cabot books, because that's the way I'll be spending today. And eating the giant Hogwarts Express cake I made yesterday.


Happy 31st everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, now I want cake! Just look what you've done ;)

    Also, I’m a new follower—awesome blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you thought Hagrid's cake looked good, you should have seen mine! It was awesome.

    Thanks for the props on our blog- Sam does most of it. I'll go check out your blog right now, and I'm sure to follow it!

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs