Thursday, July 07, 2011

Enclave

Synopsis:
New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade's long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they've ever known. ~ From BN.com

Review:
I really liked this book. It was different than all of the other books I have been reading lately. It was more dark and mysterious, things I usually stay away from.
I won this book from Caster Girls blog ( http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/3LNGnJ/castergirls.com/winners-of-the-near-witch-giveaway/ ) And I flipped out when I saw that I won a book! I eagerly waited for the book to come in the mail, I was pleasantly shocked when I saw the books cover.
I was a little freaked out at the beginning. I mean there was a claw coming out of the back! Even a little cautious I began to read.
Immediately I was sucked into the world of Deuce, a new blood, or a Huntress. She just got her marks and was so proud of them, until she was paired with Fade. I loved Fade from the start, I love that quiet and mysterious type. Their relationship starts out a bit rocky but grows and grows. I'm going to stop there to not give away anything.
I liked Deuce's personality, she was the strong person that everyone wants to be, but is just as confused on the inside that we all are. She stands up for what she thinks is true, even when it gets her in trouble, and always protects her friends.
Then there Fade, the dark mysterious boy who always keeps to himself. Who doesn't quite fit in his own skin, but has a strong heart that can easily be damaged.

I really enjoyed this books, I loved the characters, the plot twists and the mysterious setting that we didn't quite know where it was. The curiosity of everyone with the new, unknown things and just everything else made this book a great read! Go check out Enclave by Ann Aguirre!!
~~ Sam :)

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I've been wanting to read this!

    (I also see you're from TX, hello from Austin! :p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good, a little slow at the beginning, but sped up after a couple chapters.

    (Hi back from Austin!!)

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs