Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Delirium


Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't. --from bn.com


I love this book. I know I'm going to end up saying that a lot, but it's true. This book is... Wow. Simply amazing.

It brings you into the dystopian world of Portland, Maine. Love is what the US government has claimed as wrong with the world, what has sent it into this awful stage. The deliria. Looking into this world it seems so awful, so... emotionless.
The characters are awesome, Lena an amazing MC. She's not that overly courageous girl, nor the rich one with everything. She's just a girl. She just seems average, someone who will follow in the footsteps that everyone before her has. Lena's stronger than that though. At least, she needs to be for the wild ride that you need to read.
Alex is... Hot. Or that's the way I envision him. He is one of the best male roles I have read in a while, and not because he has a bad boy persona, or that snarky cocky attitude. He's sweet and caring, everything you know you should want out of a guy, instead of the trouble makers that we always seem to be after. In a way, Alex could even give Jace Waylnd a run for his money. Not that I would ever compare them or anything.

All in all, this book was outstanding. I totally give this 49 out of 51 tacos, and I can't tell you why because it would be a major spoiler, as if I haven't hinted at some of them already. Now go off and read this wonderful novel why I go grab Lauren Oliver's other novel Before I Fall. Or maybe I could just read Harry Potter, since the last movie is coming out in exactly a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs