Guys! I am so excited to be apart of Authors are Rockstars host by Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books!
I am so honored to be featuring Miranda Kenneally and her top ten quotes from Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, (EEEEEEE!!!!!!) and her new book! :)
But first, I need to tell you why I think Miranda is a rockstar. She is a rockstar because she has opened a whole new spectrum of reading. Guy Sports + girls usually isn't something you read about. It's usually the girl falling for the quarterback, not the other way around! Yet, in Miranda's books you read about those kinds of things. She shows you that girls can play ball and be one of the guys, but still be a girl who can fall in love and be what every girl wants to be. Miranda shows you that it is okay to be who you want to be, not matter the stereotypes People will still love you no matter what you do with your life, and Miranda has showed me that. That is why she is a rockstar in my book!
From Catching Jordan:
1. One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.
2. But what happens when you don't find that right person? Do you just spend the rest of your life in a relationship where the conversation isn't great, everything isn't perfect, but it is nice and sweet?
3. “Not only can I teach you math, I can teach you math in bed, Jordan. You know, I'll add the bed, you subtract the clothes, you divide the legs, and I'll multiply.”
4. I spot the principal walking with this incredible looking guy in tow. Suddenly I have the first knee problems of my life: They turn to rubber.
5. How did I never realize that girls can have just as much fun, and have the same kind of fun, as guys do?
From Stealing Parker:
6. Maybe all friendships don’t fizzle. Maybe, like the kaleidoscope, the colors just change.
7. I say “Ommmm. Ommmm,” under my breath, because Cosmo says that helps center your core.
“Parker,” Brian calls out. “C’mere.” I jog to the other side of the dugout. “What were you doing over there?” he asks.
“I was Ommm-ing. You know, centering my core?”
“Okay, Obi-Wan, take this lineup to the press box.” He waves a scorecard.
8. His touch zaps my senses and a jolt runs up my arm and down through my body to my toes and between my legs. Sin lightning. Or something.
9. “As a house elf, would you rather be responsible for combing Hagrid’s beard or washing Snape’s greasy hair?” he asks me.
“Gross! Uh, I’d rather comb the beard because I might find interesting animals or food in there. I might even find mini bottles of Butterbeer or something.”
10. “I’m thinking of suggesting a Ho Down Prom. We’ll tell all the girls it’s a farm theme, you see, but really all the guys will dress in drag. Like hookers. Get it? A Ho Down?”
Two Bonus Quotes from my new book coming out in spring 2013!
1. Him putting the doors on his Jeep is kind of like giving me flowers
2. “So what do tacos have to do with kissing?” I ask.
“Besides the fact I absolutely love both?” he replies.
*I'm just guessing that this is what the book is!*
Miranda is kind enough to offer a ARC copy of Stealing Parker and she's willing to ship it INT!!! Must be 13 years or older! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Miranda Kenneally is the author of CATCHING JORDAN, STEALING PARKER (October 1, 2012) and THINGS I CAN'T FORGET (April 2013). Miranda is the co-creator of Dear Teen Me. The Dear Teen Me Anthology will be published on October 31, 2012. She enjoys reading and writing young adult literature, and loves Star Trek, music, sports, Mexican food, Twitter, coffee, and her husband. Follow her on Twitteror Facebook. Miranda is represented by at