Sunday, July 31, 2016

July Wrap Up + August TBR

Howdy y'all! 

So I went a bit crazy in the month of July and I will let you know why. I bought all the books. Literally. I bought over 30 books this month. I do not know what I was doing, apparently just buying every single book that I wanted. It was insane. Plus, I got my monthly OwlCrate box and 12 candles from Novelly Yours. Yes, you read that right, 12. Granted, my boyfriend bought 6 of them for me, but still. What am I supposed to do with 12 candles all at once! Oh, and a mug from ButterMyBooks!

So without further ado, here is my July Wrap Up Post.


The books that I purchased this month were:

  • Hans Christian Andersen Tales 
  • Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
  • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
  • Torn by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
  • Wings by Elizabeth Richards
  • Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
  • The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
  • The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
  • Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Talyor
  • The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
  • Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
  • Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecuilar Childnren by Ransom Riggs
  • Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (only because my copy was stolen)
  • Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
  • Shadow of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
  • Proposal by Meg Cabot
  • Aesop's Tales
  • Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
  • The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • The Power by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally 
  • Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  • My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Brodi Ashton, & Cynthia Hand
  • The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • And I Darken by Kiersten White


Plus ebooks! Guys, I have a legit problem. 

  • Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
  • The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
  • Sinful Cinderella by Anita Valle
  • Saving the CEO by Jenny Holiday
  • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


Now onto my OwlCrate box! I got the Good box even though I was hoping for evil since I am slightly evil in my heart. :)


Recieved in the July box was: 
  • Luna Lovegood Pop Funko - I really wanted Dobby or Draco but I am completely happy with Luna, she is awesome!
  • Millennium Falcon Necklace from Vector Engraving - I have great respect for the Star Wars franchise, but I am not a huge fan of them.
  • An Alice Magnetic Bookmark from Jane's Tiny Things - I love Alice in Wonderland so I am very excited for this bookmark! Even though I don't use them because I feel they damage pages...
  • A hand designed quote sticker from the book Illuminae by Amie Kaufamn and Jay Kristoff designed by the very talented Drop and Give Me Nerdy - This immediately went on my laptop! I love this sticker!
  • And last but not least: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - I am super excited for this book! I have heard great things about it. It is also the August book for a book club I just joined/helped founded. Go check it out! 

Here is a close up of the gorgeous mug from ButterMyBook's Redbubble shop!


Now onto August TBR:


I decided to join two Readathons! 
Here are some details:

  • This is the fourth annual ARC August!
  • The goal is to read as MANY ARCs as possible!
  • You get to pick your goal and TBR for the challenge.
  • You must signup BEFORE August.
  • The signup linky can be found HERE!
The ARC's I am picking are:
  • Turbulent Intentions by Melody Anne
  • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
  • My Unscripted Life by Lauren Morill
  • Glitter by Aprilynne Pike 
  • Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley 

ReadThemAllThon
What Is It?
The Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon is a 3 weeks long reading challenge based on the Kanto’s Indigo League. Long-time fans of the series would recognize this as the first set of gyms Ash Ketchum had to conquer in his quest to become the Pokemon Master. Now you, my friends, will also embark on a journey to become the very best. Instead of fighting gym battles, you’ll be reading books instead!





When Is It?
The read-a-thon will run for 3 weeks between Sunday 14th August to Sunday 4th September.
You can sign up anytime between now and the end of the read-a-thon.
How Do I Join?
Create a sign-up post on your own blog/booktube/booklr/etc with the books you will read for the challenge below and title it #ReadThemAllThon TBR or something similar. Then add your link to the link widget below. Please add a link back to this post!
The Challenge/Gyms
There are 8 reading challenges within this read-a-thon, based on the 8 gyms that are in the Indigo League. Earn a badge every time you complete a book!

ReadThemAllThon-Badge01-Boulder
Pewter Gym: The First Book In A Series
This Rock-type gym is the first gym Ash and the Pokemon player ever encounters. Finish this challenge to win a Boulder Badge.

The book I am choosing for this category is:
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1)

ReadThemAllThon-Badge02-Cascader

Cerulean Gym: A Book That Might Make You Cry
This Water-type gym has a badge that looks like a droplet of your tear, so read a book that will rip your heart out. Finish this challenge to win a Cascade Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
Remembrance by Meg Cabot
Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)ReadThemAllThon-Badge03-ThunderVermillion Gym: A Book With Thunderous Hype
Vermillion City is the home to Lt. Surge and his many Electric-type Pokemon. For this challenge, read a book that’s been hyped all over bestseller’s list and the internet.  Finish this challenge to win a Thunder Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows
My Lady Jane ReadThemAllThon-Badge04-Rainbow Celadon Gym: A Book That Focuses on Diversity
Celadon Gym is one of my favorites, because of it’s colorful Grass-type aesthetics. Read a diverse book and you will earn yourself a Rainbow Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)ReadThemAllThon-Badge05-SoulFuschia Gym: A Book With A Great Romance
I’ve always been confused by the fact that a Poison-type gym has a heart-shaped badge. Can someone explain please. Read a book that features romance prominently and earn a Soul Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
My Unscripted Life by Lauren Morrill


ReadThemAllThon-Badge06-MarshSaffron Gym: A Book With Fantasy/Supenatural Elements
Saffron City is where all the Psychic-types hang out, so for this challenge, read a bool with fantasy, magical realism, or paranormal elements. Finish this challenge to win a Marsh Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)

ReadThemAllThon-Badge07-Flame
Cinnabar Gym: A Book With A Red Cover
Cinnabar Island is famous for red earth and Fire-type Pokemon. For this challenge, read a book with a red cover. Complete this challenge to win a Volcano Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
 

ReadThemAllThon-Badge08-Earth 
Viridian Gym: A Book With Post-Apocalyptic Setting
The final gym is home to a Team Rocket Leader (OK, if it’s been out 10+ years you can’t cry spoilers) and Ground-type Pokemon. For this challenge, read a book featuring a ruined, post-apocalyptic Earth. Finish this to win yourself an Earth Badge.
The book I am choosing for this category is:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecuilar Children by Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)


So that is what my plan is for the month of August! Let's see how I do! 


Follow my blog on BlogLovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs