Monday, May 28, 2012

Review: Dark Kiss

Title: Dark Kiss
Author: Michelle Rowen
Published: May 22, 2012
Source: eGalley

Synopsis:
I don't do dangerous. Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

Review:
Dark Kiss was one heck of a ride! You couldn't really predict what was going to happen next, which was nice to be surprised! The way it was written had you wanting to know what was going to happen next, and that you couldn't wait for what was going to happen!

Cover:
The cover is really dark and ominous and it sorta fits the book. I like the guy and the fact that he has his shirt open! ;) The wings fit how the cover is meant to look, but not how I pictured the main guy.

Plot/Writing:
There were parts of the story that didn't make sense, and that could have been explained a little bit more, but  other than that the writing was really good. Michelle had a air of mystery all throughout the book and it took a while for that to lift. Once it did lift the story got really good, and well.. It was awesome!

Characters:
Samantha is your average teenage girl, until one night at a club and a forbidden kiss. Sam is a very strong and independent girl, but she is also very confused. That doesn't stop her from accepting what she is and helping out the guys. It was very interesting to read about her story and how she deals with all these changes!

Bishop, the hot and very confused angel boy! He was described as super sexy (in my mind) and very dedicated! The whole time he is worrying about why his brain is fuzzy, and it seemed kind of pathetic. I know that he was very dedicated, but he couldn't do anything without touching Sam.. which was the one thing I didn't like..

All in All:
I enjoyed Dark Kiss, sure there were aspects I would change, but its like that with every book! Check it out if you like mysterious sexy angels!! 4 out of 5 tacos!

2 comments:

  1. I've never read any of her books, but have heard Michelle Rowen is a great author. I love the cover of this and it sounds like a good story. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to read dark kiss it sounds fantastic! Great review Sam.

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs