Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review: Blood Song

Title: Blood Song
Author: Rhiannon Hart
Published: September 1, 2011
Source: Book Tour: Dani @ Refracted Light


Synopsis:
I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?


Review:
A new and interesting take on vampire that will leave you wanting for more. Blood Song had a very different take on a new world, and I found myself enjoying it. After I got past the very slow part of the story.

Cover:
I absolutely love this cover! I love how her black hair contrasts her pale skin. Then the outlining of light around her skin is just beautiful! Plus the cat and the bird on the front are awesome! They incorporated aspects of the story perfectly!

Plot/Writing:
The story started off really slow. It was just a lot of setting up the characters and the background. Once they got on the road it picked up the pace a lot, but I found myself becoming a little bored. Of course, I am one of those people who sit there and scream KISS KISS KISS! at the book at the most awkward times. I found myself doing this because there was absolutely no romance. At least not until the end, which bothered me! I need my romance!!
The story was really well written. Except for the slowness of the plot, it was well written. I think Blood Song was the first book in the series, so she was just setting up the story and giving us a background into the world of Zeraphina.

Characters:
Zeraphina feels a force drawing her towards the North. She doesn't know why, all she knows is she saw a phantom in her room and she wants to know what is wrong with her. She is very headstrong, and will do whatever she can to get what she wants. She doesn't know whats wrong with her, and yet she doesn't let that get her down. She pushes through and fights it!

Then there is Rodden, who I loved. Sure he was really mean at the beginning and ignored her, but then he started warming up to her! He is hiding something, and all throughout the story I wanted to know what her was hiding. There is a couple scenes with Rodden that just made me smile and hope that things turned out his way! That would've made for a very interesting story if things turned out Rodden's way!

All in All:
I really did enjoy Blood Song. It left me wanting for more and I can't wait for the sequel! Job well done, Rhiannon Hart! 4 out of 5 Tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs