Monday, May 16, 2016

Review: The Last One

 The Last One (The One, #1)

Title: The Last One 
Author: Tawdra Kandle
Released: September 28, 2014

Synopsis:
Meghan Hawthorne is restless. The last year has been a roller coaster: her widowed mother just married a long-time family friend. Her younger brother unexpectedly became a father and a husband. Everyone's life is changing. . .except for hers. As she begins her final summer of college, Meghan's looking for excitement and maybe a little romance. Nothing serious; this girl just wants to have fun.

But the only man for Meghan turns out to be the last one she expects.

Sam Reynolds doesn't need excitement, and he doesn't want romance. Fun is out of the question. He's been the steady, responsible one since his parents were killed, and serious is his way of life.

When Sam rescues Meghan alongside a dark Georgia backroad, she falls hard for his deep brown eyes and slow drawl. But making him see her as more than just a party girl won't be easy. Sam's tempted by the fiery young artist, even as he realizes that giving into his feelings will mean radical change. . .maybe more than he can handle.

Nobody ever said love was simple.
My Review:
I absolutely loved this book. The Last One was the story that I was missing. I loved the characters, how the story progressed, and everything else you can possibly love about a story. Tawdra Kandle did an amazing job writing this story. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.
The plot was a little predictable, as with most romance books, but that was okay. I loved where the story took me. I was never bored with the story, it was a great read from start to finish. I went from hysterical laughing at some points and feeling sad for the characters, thankfully no crying, I don’t think my body could handle crying while sick. I have to admit though, when a speaker was called a ‘music blaster’ I busted out laughing. I have never heard a speaker called that and it was hilarious.
I understood Meghan’s character a lot. For her, it seemed like everyone around her was moving on and falling in love and leaving her behind. Yet, she didn’t try and ruin her life by falling into drinking and drugs, she tries to find herself. She did that in the best way possible, even if she is a little hesitant about it at first. I loved watching her find herself. She doesn’t take anything sitting down. She fights for what she wants and is such a strong, caring character. I would love more stories with Meghan in them. It would be great.
Sam… Oh Sam. I honestly want to meet this sexy farmer. He sounded so amazing. He was very dedicated to his sister and niece. Everything he did was for them to have a better life. He never gave up working for them, which must be exhausting. He is the kind of man any girl would be lucky to have. He is also a stubborn as hell man, which made me want to smack him half the time. I don’t do well with stubbornness unless it is my own. Sam Reynolds is one hell of a man, and I would love to know him more.

The Last One is such a great read. I loved reading how the characters interacted with each other and meddled in each other’s lives. There never seemed to be a dull moment while reading. I will be picking up the rest of the series as soon as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs